Why is it Important to See the Dentist During the Covid-19 Pandemic?
Dentistry can help reduce your chances of being affected by Covid-19. There is a well-documented relationship between poor oral health and the following conditions: heart disease, lung disease, diabetes, and a weakened immune system. If you already have one or more of these conditions, poor oral health will make them even more severe.
If you contract the Coronavirus, and you have one or more of the above conditions, it is likely that you will experience a more severe case of the disease. At Lindenbrook Dental, we believe that our team can have a meaningful impact on decreasing the likelihood of our patients contracting the virus.
We can help you optimize your oral health which, in turn, will decrease your chance of contracting a virus or infection by strengthening your immune system. In the event that you do contract Covid-19, you will be better able to resist the negative effects of the virus and much less likely to experience an adverse outcome. It is so important and beneficial for you to maintain, or even increase, the frequency of your visits with our hygienists.
How Are We Making Dentistry Safer For You?
At Lindenbrook Dental, we believe prevention is key and have prepared an ultra-safe environment to treat you in. We are employing social distancing and infection control protocols throughout the office, outlined below:
- During phase ONE of our reopening, we are limiting the number of hours that we are open.
- We have fewer staff members in the office at any given time.
- All staff members are screened daily for symptoms of Covid-19, including temperature checks.
- All staff members wear masks and full level of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Only one patient is scheduled at a time.
- Patients are emailed or texted a Covid questionnaire shortly before their visit.
- Only the patient is allowed in the office, accompanying friends & family members are not allowed in the office.
- Patients should remain in their cars and text us upon arrival, and we will text you when you may enter. This is to ensure that there is only one patient at the front desk at any one time.
- We have installed sneeze guards at the front desk.
- Your temperature will be screened by a non-contact infrared thermometer.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands utilizing our hands-free activated sanitizer dispenser.
- You will be asked to wear a mask while in the office, except during treatment.
- You will be expected to rinse with our antiviral mouth rinse when you enter the treatment room.
- We are utilizing technology which limits the amount of time requiring you to be at our front desk area. This means faster check-in, check-out, and payment of any co-payments.
We have always practiced highly effective sterilization and infection control measures. Any tools used during your treatment will be sterile, and all surfaces inside the treatment rooms will be completely disinfected. This is how we have practiced infection control for decades. However, because of its mode of transmission, Covid-19 requires additional measures:
- We are, of course, continuing our rigorous means of instrument sterilization and disinfection of all surfaces in the treatment rooms.
- Before we open, during lunch, and at the end of every day, we are spraying a disinfectant solution throughout the office which covers all surfaces and all areas of the interior of our building. This is accomplished by means of an Ultra-Low Volume Fogger (ULVF) utilizing HOCL as our disinfectant of choice. This disinfectant remains in the air for hours actively neutralizing all bacteria and viruses:
- We are disinfecting the surfaces in the entrance, front desk, bathroom, and all public areas after each patient visit.
- We are sanitizing and purifying the air at the point of origin of potential viral contamination. This is accomplished utilizing Dynamic Extra-Oral Suction Technology (DEOST):
- We have always disinfected and purified the water in our office at its point of entry into the building, and we will continue to do so. All of the water at Lindenbrook Dental has been sterilized for the last 17 years.
- The surface and air disinfectant that we are using is very unique. See below for description of our disinfectant agent, HOCL.
- We are meeting and exceeding all CDC guidelines to ensure your protection.
HOCL disinfects 200 to 300 times better than bleach and is 100% safe. HOCL is one of the only agents that is both nontoxic for delicate human cells while being lethal to all known dangerous bacteria and viruses that threaten our health. HOCL oxidizes (explodes) the cell walls of all pathogens (bacteria, virus, fungi or parasite that causes disease) within 15 seconds of application. HOCL eradicates all viruses, including the virus that causes Covid-19 (SARS-CoV-2).